The Gold-Tone was established by Wayne and Robyn Rogers, who work it right up till now. While providing the best gold tone banjo reviews, we care about you and the player. Any individual who has ever possessed a Gold Tone instrument is really important for us.
Many people believe that banjo and guitar are similar in their playability and construction. However, if you invest time playing the banjo, you will come across that there is an enormous difference. Playing the banjo is an exciting challenge for performers considering everything.
In this article, we have come with the best gold tone banjo reviews of 2022.
Our Top Picks
- Gold-Tone CC-100R Cripple Creek Banjo – (Top Goldtone banjo)
- Gold Tone CC-50
- Deering Goodtime Banjo
The Gold Tone CC-100R Banjo is among the best in gold tone banjo . This gold-tone banjo has a maple neck and resonator.
The tone ring of this banjo is produced using maple and it has a brass truss rod as well. Aside, the CC-100R Banjo comes with double way customizable tailpiece.
This gold-tone banjo has a black neck tying with wavy maple headstock cover and low string activity, which gives an excellent playing experience. The resonator is incredible for delivering high and brilliant sounds.
The interesting thing of this banjo is that it tends to be converted into open back banjo as well to generate rich and warm sound.
Gold Tone CC-100R Banjo has 5-strings with tuning machine that allows you to tune the banjo easily. This offers you excellent sound and tune. The banjo is lightweight as it weighs simply 6.5 pounds.
The armrest permits you to have upheld while playing the banjo. This spares your shoulder from getting stressed and permits you to hold it for a long time.
You can also have a separate case for preserving your banjo. It allows you to move it easily and keep it away from dust and water.
- Neck: Blond Slender Rock Maple
- Frets: 22 Pressed in Nickel Silver
- Inlays: Hardwood Bow Tie
- Tuners: Sealed Geared (Incl. 5th String)
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Peg head: Satin Deering Fiddle Shaped
- Rim: Blond 3-ply Violin Grade Maple
- Tension Hoop: Steel
- Head: 11-Inch Frosted Top High Crown
- Bridge: 5/8-Inch Maple / Ebony Goodtime
- Tailpiece: Deering Patented Goodtime
- Finish: Satin
- Back Style: Open back
- Neck Width at Nut: 1 1/4 Inches
- Scale: 26 1/4 Inches
- Rim Diameter: 12 Inches
- Overall Instrument Length: 37 1/2 Inches
- Warranty: 6 Years
- Maple Rim, Headstock and Neck
- 2 Way Truss Rod
- Low Action Strings
- Brass Tone Ring
- Over 7000 units sold to beginners universally!
Gold Tone CC-50
If you are looking for a high-quality and durable gold tone banjo, then this Gold Tone CC-50 Beginners Open Back Banjo will make you love to play this open-back banjo. Let’s look at some features of Gold Tone CC-50 Beginners Open Back Banjo –
The look of this banjo is quite elegant due to its right sound vintage brown finish. The banjo looks very attractive in light of this brown finish.
The Gold Tone CC-50 banjo has a walled resonator that is useful for generating incredible sounds. This banjo also gives a variety regarding grinding tuner and harmonies.
This gold tune banjo brings some great planetary tuners. This banjo has a large central gear. Additionally, there are smaller gears that rotate around the previous one. These little gears have a major effect in the contribute of string and tune.
When you will buy this banjo, it is prepared to play and you don’t have to make any further installation. Hence, this melodic string banjo offers incredible playability sound even from the beginning.
If you are searching for a banjo that offers stability and quality, then Gold Tone CC-50 Beginners Open Back Banjo is something that you have been searching for. You will discover this extraordinary banjo powerful and easy to play for the expert’s maple resonator as well as beginners.
See More: top banjo for beginners here.
- Neck: Maple
- Fingerboards: Blackwood
- Bridge: Maple with Ebony cap
- Tone: Ring Rolled Brass
- Rim: Multi-ply maple
- Bag: Included
- Finish: Vintage brown Satin
- Tailpiece: 5-String Terminator
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Width: 1-3/16″ Bone.
- This banjo is very easy to play. There aren’t any extra instructions needed to play it.
- Its authentic and clear sound is better than some expensive Banjos.
- The look is very nice and its design is very distinct from the old banjos.
- It’s very lightweight. Easy to handle events.
- This banjo comes with extra protection that does not get damaged while shipping or travelling.
- This banjo does not come with a resonator attached.
- The feature of brackets seems missing in this banjo.
While doing gold tone banjo review, we have found one of the great options that is the Deering Goodtime Banjo. It includes a slim rock maple neck with fixed geared tuners and 3-ply maple edge.
Deering Goodtime banjo is of closed-back style with single bound maple resonator. It is useful for offering an incredible projection of sound.
During the construction of the Deering Banjo, high-quality materials are used. This makes Deering banjo strong and robust to support regular usage. This banjo is very durable and will last for a long time. The head of the banjo is around 11 inches.
Besides, this banjo has a blonde slim maple neck with 22 nickel frets. The geared tuners will give you to have transparency in the note separation. The nickel-plated armrest will give too much comfort while playing the banjo. The nickel-plated equipment adds a decent touch to the body of the Deering banjo.
The Deering Goodtime Banjo has 5-strings and offers simple tuning. It guarantees you can get high and low notes with no trouble. The Goodtime Banjo includes a characteristic blonde maple with a glossy silk finish. The brilliant and warm tone of the resonator sounds great. The slim and speedy playing neck gives the Goodtime banjo easy to play. The Goodtime Deering Banjo is also ideal for traveling due to its lightweight.
- Blond Slender Rock Maple Neck
- 22 Pressed in Nickel Silver Frets
- Hardwood Bow Tie Inlays
- Sealed Geared Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Fiddle Shaped Peg head
- Blond 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top High Crown Head
- 5/8″ Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments
- Deering Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Durable Satin Finish
- Case sold separately
- The versatile ring tone offers to generate different tones and chords of different genres.
- Deering Goodtime 5 Strings Banjo went through several tests by professionals to prove itself as a high-quality banjo.
- The slim will help you to play with small or large hands with comfort on the entire fingerboard.
- 3-plied maple rim is a drum part of providing the great sound of Goodtime Rims over a Standard 11-inch Diameter Rim.
- The tailpiece is easily flexible and very strong to maximize or minimize your high-quality playing tones.
- Expensive compared to the other banjos for practice
- Only comes with the banjo
Set Up Your Gold Tone Banjo
Each instrument begins with inspection for anything that doesn’t hold up to standards. The interaction that a player has with a banjo is through the neck. It is the place the ‘vibe’ of the instrument originates from that is the reason special consideration is necessary. Each neck makes sure that there are no twists and cleaned with steel wool and oil-molded to give a reliable vibe and finish.
The bridge is necessary to move the energy from the strings to the body whether it’s a banjo or guitar. Ensuring the bridge is appropriately fitted to the head gives the best volume and tone. Providing the best tuning, this permits the instrument to deliver the right note. This is the reason why the sound is set at the bridge.
How effectively an instrument plays is the most significant factor while setting up your gold-tone banjo. Making the banjo play impeccably from the first fret to the end of the fingerboard is quite complicated. The neck relief is adjusted so the entirety of the strings can clear the fret wire without buzzing. Both of these changes joined with the proper bridge height, generates incredible feel, tone and delight.
The above-covered reviews are not only for the beginners but also for the professionals. If you want to purchase a banjo or want to learn goldtone banjo, these 3 models are the best banjos that you should not miss. The banjos will give you a delightful experience and you will inspire and bring others to music.